It is our vision to create a peer support and mentoring network that helps to reduce the sense of isolation felt by academics with disabilities.
How can I join Chronically Academic?
If you would like to become a member of Chronically Academic, you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also connect with us on Twitter and Facebook, and members can request to join a private Facebook group where they can connect with other Chronically Academic members for networking, support and advice.
If you want, you can also be added to one of our mailing lists:
- Members list – You will receive occasional emails about events or calls for participants in relevant academic studies. We are aiming to have a quarterly email newsletter available soon.
- Active list – You will receive emails from:
- Oher members, seeking support and advice
- The admin team, if there is a big decision to be made and we want further input from the network
- The admin team, asking for help and support with certain tasks
- Admin list – You will receive all emails about the daily organisation of the group, website updates, new ideas and discussions etc. This also gives you the opportunity to take on a more central role, such as proof reading blog entries before they are published.
Who can I speak to for help or advice?
If you would like help or advice, you can send an email to email@example.com. Your personal details will be removed from the query and it will then be forwarded to a small team of members, who can offer advice and information, and put you in touch with other people who might be able to help.
How can I contribute to Chronically Academic’s work?
We are always looking for people to write blog posts sharing their experiences with disability or chronic illness in academia. If you are interested in writing for our blog, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your ideas.
The Vacancies page also provides details for other projects that volunteers are welcome to contribute to.
For all other queries, you can email email@example.com